What Support is there outside of School?

Domestic Abuse Support

Domestic abuse comes in many shapes and sizes. It involves any kind of behaviour that hurts people who are in a relationship or part of a family – from put downs and belittling, through to physical and sexual harm. Abuse or the threat of harm is often used to control or force people to do/not do certain things or stay in a relationship that they feel isn’t good for them. We know that with more people under stressful circumstances, domestic abuse might get worse or happen more often. It might even be the first time you recognise harmful behaviour as domestic abuse. 

Getting Help for Domestic Abuse

In an emergency, call 999 – the police will prioritise your calls.

In Cheshire East there is a 24/7 helpline for anyone who needs support. You can get in touch with the Cheshire East Domestic abuse Hub – for anyone affected – by:
– telephoning 0300 123 5101
– e-mailing cedah@cheshireeast.gov.uk-

[E-mails may not be the most secure way to get in touch because you’re sending personal information over the internet, but if it’s your only way, it’s better than nothing. Please think about who has access to your e-mails before you do this.]
– text 0777 194 1464

They can call you back to save your credit or arrange to speak to you at a time when you can talk without your children or partner overhearing. You can also visit MyCWA website www.mycwa.org.uk/get-help if you’re not ready or not able to contact us. Remember, please do dial 999 in an emergency. 

If you are worried about a child out of school hours

  • For safeguarding concerns about a child call 0300 123 5012, option 3 (CHECS).
  • Emergency duty team (out of hours) 0300 123 5022.
  • NSPCC 0808 800 5000
  • Childline 0800 1111

Mental Health support

Out of hours CAMHS crisis team

Crewe Foodbank